Monday, August 09, 2004

I. Hate. Teething.

N's teething again. All four molars. The bottom two have gone from nasty looking little points to little razor blades peeking out from angry gums. The top two are still in the nasty looking little points stage. I hope he's feeling better by Wednesday. We're leaving then for Canada to visit my grandparents. At this time next week, I'll be on an island with nothing to do but watch my baby, hang out with my family, hike, and read. I'm really starting to look forward to this. In the meantime, I hate teething. N's snotty. Very snotty. Now, I'm snotty, too. The snot may not be teething on his part, it's definitely not teething on my part. It feels like a sinus infection. We're off to the doctor tomorrow to make sure that this isn't anything that will put my grandparents at any sort of risk. They're getting old, and their health isn't what it used to be. I will also be asking the doctor tomorrow (he's a family doc) if he feels comfortable being my backup physician for my this birth. I didn't meet the backup OB last time, and I'm not sure how I feel about actually having to see a doctor more than once. I get really nervous around doctors, and the last thing I need is a case of white-coat syndrome messing with my normally beautiful blood pressure. We'll find out. He's pretty laid-back, and has been our doctor for years, so I think he'll be understanding. Anyway, I'm sooooooo sleepy. I'm off to bed with a huge glass of water. Night.

No comments: