Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Nutso.

I didn't nest with N at all. When someone said to me, "Don't you feel this incredible urge to just clean everything?" my reply was, "No, I feel an incredible urge to plant my backside on the couch and put my feet up." This time though.....wow.
I spent N's nap yesterday cleaning, sanding, and priming the windowsills (the only unfinished part of the nursery from when I had him). I've spent the last few days poring over paint and fabric samples, and I've gotten the paints for the nursery, kitchen, and our bedroom. The house is near spotless, and I can't let the slightest thing get out of place. The nursery colors are Behr's Sagey and Swan Wing. The sills are being done in Swan Wing. Hopefully I'll get some pictures when it's done.
I bought the fabric for the valances in the nursery (adorable green toile with a Cow Jumping Over the Moon print--Mr. "I hate toile"'s favorite of the samples, much to my shock), and picked out the drapes for our bedroom. All that's left for the nursery is to actually paint the window and door sills, vacuum, and get the valances cut and sewn. I also need to get Fidget's closet cleaned out so this poor kid can have a place to stash his/her clothes. I'm sure s/he won't object to dressing out of a Rubbermaid container, but my Crazy Nesting Urge is having a fit at the mere thought of it. After all of that, I need to move the crib in, and probably actually pick out a crib bedding set, as I'd like Fidget to nap in the nursery. Oh yeah, we also need to pick up the twin mattress from my parents' house and get that moved into the nursery, too. And I don't think slapping a coat of paint on the changing table would be a horrible idea, either. It's supposed to be 56 and Sunny on Friday, so I'll try to get it all done then.
After the nursery, I want to get the wallpaper in the kitchen stripped and paint the walls blue. That shouldn't be a problem, the kitchen's small. After that, B and I will be repainting the bedroom while he builds some shelves. We picked Flower Wood (Behr), a mocha sort of brown for the walls, with a Deep Garnet as an accent. It will be so nice. We also need to repaint the headboard in the accent color. I'm going to love giving birth in this room! I do feel a stronger need to finish the bedroom before the kitchen. I need to have my cozy space.
Once those two rooms are done, B and I will tackle the living room. It's currently green (Martha Stewart Marzipan) with one wall done in a pretty purple (Behr Shy Violet). We'd like to paint three of the walls grey, and change the color of the purple wall to Behr's Deep Baritone, which is the trim color in our dining room. We have the original oak trim in the living room, and it goes around the fireplace as well, so the room has a lot of warmth that I think the grey will bring out nicely.
Choosing Paint Colors - Paint Color - Paint Color Chart You can see paint colors at the posted link. In a close to perfect world, we'll even have enough time and $$ to reupholster our sectional. It's looking dingy, and it's so deep I keep getting stuck in it.
People keep saying I'm going to go early. Just reading over this list, there's no way that can happen. I have too much to do! I keep doing little house projects until my ankles swell, and then I go sit down for a few minutes and have a glass of water. As soon as the swelling's gone, I'm right back up again trying to get it finished. Yanno, if this stupid swelling had just waited a few more weeks to appear, these projects would take me so much less time.

No comments: