Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Icky

I'm sick. :::cough::: N didn't understand when I told him about sharing, that germs are the things we don't share. :::snerk::: I have a fever, a sinusy nose (heaven forbid it actually run @@), an awful sore throat, and runny eyes. I never run fevers. Okay, so it's only 99, but my normal temp is around 97.1.

I've been taking Vitamin C. I've been drinking water. I'm waiting on a lemon so I can make my favorite throat concoction (1 mug of hot water, plus 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 tsp of honey). I'm whiny. I'm sick as a dog, and I have to nurse two also-sick kids (although H's only had a mildly snotty nose, and a mild cough--no fevers for either boy). N's eyes have the nastiest green goo collecting in the corners, and while breastmilk cleared H's eyes up in 2 days flat, N won't hold still long enough for me to get near him with the milk dropper. N's now on antibiotic eye drops (I've seriously never seen ickier eyes--poor baby).

I'm getting a headache, and DH is off enjoying the screening of War of the Worlds (a perk of theater management). I would have gone, too, but a) I'm sick, and b) my mom preferred to go to bed rather than watch the kids (that's really okay, I wouldn't want to watch sick, tired monkeys either).

DH has tomorrow off, and he's finally going to get the blasted A/C fixed in my Jeep. I've been driving around in 99 degree temps, in a vehicle with no A/C whatsoever, and a black leather interior. I haaaaaaaate heat and humidity.

And N's up again, so now I have to take us all off to bed...........

1 comment:

Ani said...

::Pat pat pat:: on the head. You'll be better soon, punkie.