Wednesday, September 14, 2005

First,

Rooster's second tooth showed itself today. Poor kid.

Second, the bolt on the tie rod on the front driver's side wheel of TheHusband's car broke today....while TheHusband was driving it. @@

Fortunately, it was only about 8 blocks from home and he was not hurt when the friggin' wheel fell off. Unfortunately, we had to have it towed (more stuff we can't afford, on the plus side, this could eliminate a trip to the ILs ::grin::), and now TheHusband has to take the Jeep to and from work. My Jeep....my escape from the stir-craziness...my Jeep with half a tank of gas...for the rest of the month....oy.

Anytime that lottery winner feels like making a very large endowment in our direction, I'm perfectly okay with it.

I'd also like to complain about DH's cousin. We didn't even know she was pregnant with Baby #3. That, in and of itself is no problem. It's just that this is her third baby in four years and I got a Baby Shower invitation. Maybe I'm just totally hypersensitive because we have exactly NO money at this point (and we're under contract to AOHell or we'd have gotten rid of the internet long ago), but it bugs me to get a shower invitation for a third baby. I grew up with this being horribly socially unacceptable and rude. TheHusband thinks I'm crazy and that it's perfectly normal to ask people to buy presents for your third baby in four years, but I didn't notice him asking me if anyone was going to throw me a shower for Rooster (I'm not mad that I didn't get one--I simply didn't expect it).

No comments: