Friday, May 28, 2004

Fourteen dollars to Plastered

My 27 year old DH is drunk. For the first time ever. N is having fun with my parents, and DH and I went to dinner for the end of the year teacher get-together. It's always informal, and most people drink too much. DH is a lightweight, and exactly 2.5 margaritas into the evening, he's smashed. That's ok, because that makes his new motto, "$14 to Plastered." He's a loud, amusing, obnoxious drunk. But it's ok. He asked me to never let him drink that much again. I'm inclined to agree. It's like having a 4 year old around. Anyway, he spent much of the time telling me that I'm a very nice wife, and how much he appreciates me, and how pretty I look. Whoopee. I look pretty to a drunk guy. I should hope so. Anyway, it wasn't such a bad night after all. Besides hours of entertainment (for free), I got a movie I wanted to see, a video game I'll actually play on that stupid XBox (early Fathers' Day gift--I am a nice wife), a chance to eat all of the baklava without interference, and a reasonably sized assorted box of Godiva chocolates. All in all, not a bad haul for one evening.

No comments: