Monday, January 31, 2005

My Manifesto

What you see is what you get.

I don't read people particularly well, so if I offend you, you'll have to let me know. I'm a big girl, I can take it.

I probably do things differently than you do.

I prefer to have my babies at home, and breastfeed them until they want to wean, I prefer to vaccinate them on a separate schedule, and I prefer to leave my little boys' foreskins on.

Our family prefers to use alternative medicine before our family doctor. He knows this, and he's okay with it.

Of course, in a perfect world, I'd think everyone should do the same.

However, we're not in a perfect world, so I don't give a rat's ass what you do with your kid as long as you're not beating or starving them and don't do it to mine.

Nothing I do is a value judgment on what you do.

I've had to defend my choices regarding pregnancy, birth, and childhood more times than I care to think about, so I may come off as a little brash about it. My apologies in advance, and I reiterate that I really don't care what YOU do with YOUR kid.

Do I think my kid's better off than your kid? No. I think MY kid's better off than MY kid would be if I did some of the same things you do.

So if you get offended by anything I do or say, please stop to consider these statements, and either realize where I'm coming from, or if you're really offended, ask yourself why.

1 comment:

HeyItsBeej said...

::::applauding wildly and shakin' the girls::::