Friday, March 11, 2005

10 minutes

That's how much time I spent today convincing N to come back over to the couch to put his diaper on. The kid insisted on leaving his pants around his ankles, every once in a while checking to make sure his "nee-niss" was still there (it's a recent discovery), and playing with his puzzle. I finally talked him into it by tempting him with bites of oatmeal (with applesauce and milk, a favorite of his) and his beloved Noo. I'd have gotten off of my rear end and brought him over to the couch, but our couch is very deep, and I'm just too friggin' huge to get up off of it unless I absolutely need to.

The only other thing N's wanted to do today is Noo. I sit down at the computer, "Noo?" I sit on the couch and he climbs up in my lap. "Noo peess?" "No baby, not yet." "Nooooo."

He is cutting his 2 year molars (which means after this, we'll be done until he's almost 4--whee!), so I think that's most of the reason for this sudden increased desire. I just wish teething saliva didn't tear my poor noo to shreds. But I think he also knows that there's someone else coming soon (think the move to his own room might have been a dead giveaway?), and that his time with his Noo being just his Noo is getting shorter.

I'm feeling a sense of sadness watching his baby and only child days draw to a close, but I am really looking forward to the birth of this new little one. N's going to eventually be an awesome big brother, and I am so excited to see him in action.

No comments: