Monday, March 14, 2005

:::sigh:::

Okay, I know. I'm not even due yet. I'm okay with that. Really I am. I know this little one needs to stay in as long as his/her body tells him/her to. And I'm fine with that. I know that no one is pregnant forever, and aside from not being able to bend at the waist, sit with my legs together, put on my own socks, shave my own legs, etc, I'm really not even that uncomfortable. I certainly haven't hit the "I can't take being pregnant another minute" stage (actually, I hit it at 28 weeks, but I got over it and am now physically just fine with being pregnant thankyouverymuch). I know I'm really blessed to have had two wonderful, easy pregnancies, and that everything looks perfect and healthy. I know that. I'm truly grateful for it. But can I whine just one teeny bit? In the last 5 days, there have been 4, count them 4 babies born IRL to people close to us, that's not even counting all of the email loop and due date board babies born this last week (which seem to number around oh, a million). A friend called me last night to say, "Um...if someone's about 3 weeks away from her due date, and she has a gush of something that doesn't smell like pee and soaks her pants completely, could that be anything but her water?" It's not fair. :::flail::: You can't call the woman who's 37 weeks pregnant and having a serious case of baby envy to ask if she thinks your best friend's in labor. It doesn't help that since I had N at just barely over 38 weeks, everyone and their dog thinks history is going to repeat itself and I'll be popping this kid out any second now. The answering machine messages I'm getting now state, "Well, I guess I'll try you on your cell, and if I don't get you there, I'll just hope you're in labor.....call me back if you're not or when you've had the baby." I almost want to refuse to return their call on principle, or just tell them we had the baby and forgot to tell them. It also doesn't help that due to DH's leave availability from work (he gets a whopping 3 days paternity leave), tomorrow would be the ideal day to give birth. As I mentioned before, physically, I'm still doing pretty well with being pregnant. I'm measuring 43 weeks, but other than the new stretch marks and decreased mobility that come with being so huge, I'm really not too uncomfortable. Regular chiro appointments have gotten the pubic pain to almost nothing, and people still tell me that from the back, they can't tell I'm pregnant (and then they see the front and their eyes bug out). I can easily see this kid just sitting here, happy as a clam until after 40 weeks, just to throw everyone else for a loop and drive me insane. :) Just so there's no concern, the only thing I'm doing herbally or otherwise to prepare for labor other than walking is taking RRL capsules. I'd like to finish my GBS treatment first, so the kid's gotta give it at least 3 more days. I haven't even started EPO yet, and I'll probably wait on that until closer to 40 weeks. So I refuse to do anything to make this little munchkin come out before s/he's ready. Just wanted to make that clear. It's just frustrating when everyone around you is having babies. I held one the other day that was the same size N was when he was born, and I've been flattened by the newborn bug. I just had to get that out somewhere, and here strikes me as the best place. I'm still fine with being pregnant, but I am very ready to snuggle my newborn.

There's a baby around here somewhere, and I want to kiss it. :)

1 comment:

HeyItsBeej said...

Woman, set your machine's outgoing message to say something like Ani's did last year....."No the babies have not been born and no I'm not in labor. If you leave a message asking if the twins have been born, I will track you down and kick your ass. Have a nice day. :::BEEEEEEP:::"