Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Tuesday's child...

...is a stinker. N refused to go to bed tonight. I think it's because our thermostat is malfunctioning, and B turned the heat up to 83 when the house thermometer was reading 60. So miraculously, for the first time all day, the heater immediately raises the house temp to 80. N's like me, and can't sleep when it's hot. So that's probably why he went to bed at 11. In his own room. In his own bed. Hopefully he'll sleep all night. It would help.

I sent a nice email to the author of the article I mentioned in the post before last. He sent me a response asking if I wanted it used as a letter to the editor. I said sure. Unfortunately, I've realized we're the only people with our last name in the phone book here, and My Fair City is full of cranky weirdos with unresolved issues involving breastfeeding. We'll see what happens. Now I have to go buy copies of the paper for the next few days.

I had an OB appointment yesterday. Things look great. OB asked if I had been having any contractions, I said, yes, and he said, "Well, if you want, you can start pushing with them, but it may take you a while to get the baby out," with a big smile on his face. If I ever need to go the traditional OB route, I could easily feel comfortable using this guy.

No comments: