Monday, July 25, 2005

Harry Potter 6---Total Spoiler

Here's what I'm thinking: RAB is Regulus Black. The Horcrux is actually at Grimmauld Place, because it's the locket that was casually mentioned in OotP that was large and heavy and that none of them could open.

Harry's inheriting of Grimmauld Place will be a good thing ultimately. We definitely haven't seen the last of Kreacher, and I think he's a nasty little being, but Dobby will counter him. I think Dobby will probably leave Hogwarts now that Dumbledore's gone and will come work for and live with Harry. I have no idea whether Harry will return to Hogwarts next year.

On to Dumbledore. It had to happen sometime. :::shrug::: The hero has to go on alone, and all of the adults surrounding Harry are now gone. The Weasleys are there, of course, and it will give me great satisfaction to see something rotten happen to that git Percy, but not on the same level as Dumbledore was. I think he was asking Snape to kill him rather than let Draco do it. He probably knew of the Unbreakable Vow, and wanted Draco's innocence protected. I think that in having Draco so devoted to his father, and his mother obviously loving him so much, that Rowling has shown us that Draco is capable of love, therefore I think there's hope for him yet.

I think one of the things we'll find out about Snape is that he was in love with Harry's mother, and that's why he hates Harry so much, but has been unable to harm him. Especially if Harry having his mother's eyes is actually significant.

Snape killing Dumbledore will get Snape in even better with Voldemort, and that will ultimately lead to great help for the Order of the Phoenix. However, Dumbledore said that many people thought they were very close to Voldy, when in fact, none of them were. Snape makes particular mention of Voldy's trust in him in the first chapter. This may indeed prove to be Snape's downfall, and I will also venture a guess that it will be Bellatrix Lestrange's as well. I like Ron and Hermione together ('bout dang time), and I do like the Harry/Ginny combination. :) I do think Ginny's previous interactions with Voldemort does come into play in Book 7 events. I also think Snape's half-blood status will be expounded upon more in the next book. I kind of felt it was glossed over in this one. I think that's about it...

Oh yeah, and I think Book 7 will be enormous.

No comments: