Monday, July 18, 2005

People @@

My mom took me shopping the other day, and the boys did great. A lady in the dressing room commented several times on how nice the stroller was (hee!) and how cute they were, etc. They got fussy just as I was getting my own clothes back on and walking out. I turned to hang up my rejects and I heard the lady mutter something to her daughter about how pathetic it was that these poor babies had to sit there and cry while selfish mommy tried on clothes, ending with, "I just hate hearing babies cry." I put my clothing on the rack and replied, "I do, too," and walked back to my calming-down munchkins (my mom was pushing them). The look on her face was priceless. She said, "Oh! I had no idea you were still there!" and covered her mouth. I'm glad she at least had the decency to look ashamed of herself.

No comments: