Tuesday, September 21, 2004

And the race is on....

To see who's right. A? Or my dream last night? I dreamed that I was sleeping on the couch when I awoke in Transition. The baby was coming, and there was no time to do anything else. B and N were in the room, N was in his high chair, and for some reason, 6 minutes is the time given, in 6 minutes of contractions, a beautiful baby boy was born. I remember being confused that he was born before the placenta was. That was a bit odd. Anyway, this boy is beautiful. I remember his face very clearly, and I feel I’ve met one of my children. Maybe not this child, but definitely a child of mine. Anyway, we called D, the midwife, and said everything was fine, but later, I didn’t feel that my placenta had come out, so as the dream ended, I knew we’d have to call her for help. But that thought didn’t bother me. The baby has the most beautiful brown eyes, and dark brown hair that curls all over his small head. He’s over 9 pounds, but not by much, and he’s so perfect looking. His name is Collin. It wasn't the name we gave him, but it was his name anyway.

No comments: