Saturday, September 25, 2004

Big day

N fell down the stairs at my parents' house today. I left him in the room with my dad and brother, after dad said he'd keep an eye on him while I went to get my shoes. I got the shoes, turned around, and heard a series of thumps, and then my poor little baby crying. My dad had gone to his room to change clothes. N rarely goes for the stairs, and usually follows my dad everywhere, so this was a surprise. Dad feels so awful. N's okay--a call to the doctor, a few little bumps on his head, making sure he can still walk okay, and some Tylenol, and he's as good as new. I think I'll take N by my parents' to show Dad he's all right. He doesn't usually help me get N into the car, but tonight he didn't want to let him go. Poor man.

N also fell asleep without nursing tonight. He was so cranky, and so tired, and I was trying to get him to nurse and fall asleep, but he didn't want to nurse, so he clamped his little teeth (complete with poking through brand-new canines @@) down on my nipple and bit hard. I usually press his jaws gently to get him to release, and I did it so fast it scared him this time. I checked, and he didn't seem hurt, just really pissed off. He didn't nurse for another 2 hours, and this late at night, that's something. He ended up getting food-hungry, so I put him in his highchair, and he feel asleep during his 1am snack. I carried him to bed, and he didn't nurse. :( I'm sad. I truly hope I didn't scare him off permanently...

No comments: