Monday, July 19, 2004

I think:

I think that cars should be made so safe that we do not have to leave our children rear-facing until they're squished up, sick of 45 degree angles, and hating the car altogether.
 
I think that recalls of child-safety equipment should be so widely publicized that people are thoroughly sick of hearing about them.
 
I think that I should get free ice cream just because I exist.
 
I think that the medical profession needs to get its act together and set some freaking standards.
 
  I called our doctor's office today.  We see a family doc for N's well baby care.  I spoke with the nurse.  N's hemoglobin at his one year check came back at 9.6.  From my research, that's not too low.  Low, yes, but not freakout low.  Since N wasn't given a lead test, I called to ask about getting one.  I also asked what they considered normal hemoglobin levels to be.  They consider them 13-17.  For everyone, adults and children.  I've heard anything from 10.5-17 being normal.  I'm getting frustrated.  I talked to a lab tech friend today, and she told me to go with my gut and get him retested.  So we're retesting him and going to do a lead test within the next couple of days.

No comments: