Friday, July 16, 2004

Stop the presses!

Holy Rusted Metal, Batman! N tried to put himself to sleep tonight! I'm amazed. This is the child that cannot possibly fall asleep without his boob. No way. And I'd better not try to unlatch him before he's sound asleep, or he'll wake up the neighbors with his yells of indignance. He gets offended so easily. LOL Anyway, I was nursing him, and was reading a book, when he unlatched himself, wiggled about a foot away from me, flopped on his belly, and closed his eyes with a big grin on his face. Then, he peeked through one eye, and turned his head the other way. I patted his back for a bit, and he'd be almost asleep........then he'd start frantically sweeping the sheet with his hand, pop his eyes open, turn his head, and start the whole thing all over again. He finally decided he'd had enough, and decided that he wanted to nurse to sleep after all. 30 seconds later, he was out.
Okay, so he didn't succeed in trying to put himself to sleep, and part of me's not at all sorry, but he tried. First his birthday on Sunday (he's One!), and now this. I think my baby's growing up...

No comments: