Monday, July 19, 2004

Yammering on

B worked all day today.  I did, too.  Just not in the earning a paycheck sort of way.  I spent most of the day on the couch, getting up to retrieve N from the top of an end table, or unsticking his fingers from the TV buttons.  Healthy-Os are okay.  Healthy-Os are sticky as all get out.  Ick.  Spent time cleaning off TV buttons because Healthy-Os apparently feel the need to transfer their organic cane sugar goodness on all they come into contact with.                                                                          
           B found cash on the floor at work.  No one claimed it, we got to keep it, and now I'm happily eating Chili's for dinner.  I loooove Chili's.  You'd think that after working there for 3 years I'd be burned out on it, but no, I'm not.                                                                        I shut the blinds after it started getting dark, and the sun started bouncing off of the obscene yellow house across the street.  The house is interesting.  It was painted a few weeks ago.  The primer was a boring sort of way too creamered coffee color.  Not bad.  Not great, but not bad.  I woke up the next morning to discover that Big Bird had exploded all over the house.  This thing is YELLOW.  Not yellow, or even Yellow, but YELLOW.  Ick, ick, ick.  N's birthday parties were Saturday (family) and Sunday (friends).  I gave directions to our house by way of the nasty yellow house.  Our guests said it was the perfect landmark.  It's actually a townhome duplex, which means that there's a lot more to it than just your standard house.  Gross.  We're thinking of calling the landlord and letting him know in no uncertain terms that the house is, well, disgusting.  Cookouts are no longer an option.  People keep running inside to pee.  Even after twilight, our guests still feel the need to wear sunglasses to protect them from the glare of The Big Bird House.  Our grilling social life is doomed. LOL  Oh well.  It'll make a nice story to tell future kids.  I think I'll make a color book for N.  For YELLOW, I think I'll take a picture of the house.

No comments: